Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to recount and add to our amazing Server's Legend

You are not connected. Please login or register

[UPDATE]Community Power-plant

3 posters

What type of power should I make it?

[UPDATE]Community Power-plant Vote_lcap0%[UPDATE]Community Power-plant Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
[UPDATE]Community Power-plant Vote_lcap0%[UPDATE]Community Power-plant Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
[UPDATE]Community Power-plant Vote_lcap100%[UPDATE]Community Power-plant Vote_rcap 100% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 1

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1[UPDATE]Community Power-plant Empty [UPDATE]Community Power-plant Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:38 am

Jonnoiscooler

Jonnoiscooler
Server Founder
Server Founder

Hey guys, really enjoying the start on the New server!

I am planning to make a community power-plant that everyone can use for free. I will be making it out of my own resources, but the occasional material donation will definitely be appreciated since EE2 no longer exists. I'm thinking I might make a nuclear plant because those are just hella cool, but I'm very open to suggestion!
I will try and make it a central building so that power lines won't have to run to far.

Please let me know what you want in the polls!

UPDATE #1 Me and Hexus_One are collaboratively working on a scaffold powered generator farm! This will include 512 generators generating a total of 5120EU/t. Free for everyone!

UPDATE #2 Planned Generator design:

Spoiler:

UPDATE #3 My design was stupid so we are going with this:

Spoiler:

UPDATE #4 This has been put on hold due to everyone around spawn having a decent early game power supply. I will complete my ManCave 2.5 first, and then            focus on finishing this, as more power will be needed late game as people progress.

UPDATE #5 This will be re-ignited over the weekend. (ha, get it?) We plan to finish it this weekend as well, with power being routed above ground within a decent reach of a variety of houses. This power will be MV (128EU/t) as a safety mechanism. This is because a lot of people have already attained MV power, adding the necessity for at least 1 transformer upgrade. The supplied MV will allow it to be connected directly to your system without multiple explosions, this is especially evident in the case of the Induction furnace, which cannot be upgraded and explodes past MV. If you wish to have access to higher power, please talk to me or Hexus_One, we'll review your case and do it for you.

DO NOT ALTER THE POWER LINES. This is a task for me and Hexus_One only.

Last edited by Jonnoiscooler on Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:57 pm; edited 9 times in total (Reason for editing : Update)

Hexus_One

Hexus_One
Server Moderator
Server Moderator

I'm thinking that instead we could build an IC2 generator tower fuelled by a tree farm using MFR. You can get more fuel efficient if you craft the logs into scaffolds instead of smelting them into coal.
Best startup option IMO

EDIT: Here's my idea for the tower design

Pictures:

Last edited by Hexus_One on Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

3[UPDATE]Community Power-plant Empty Re: [UPDATE]Community Power-plant Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:13 pm

Jonnoiscooler

Jonnoiscooler
Server Founder
Server Founder

Yeah, Scaffolds are crazy efficient

4[UPDATE]Community Power-plant Empty Re: [UPDATE]Community Power-plant Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:01 pm

Hexus_One

Hexus_One
Server Moderator
Server Moderator

I just ran the numbers:
You want to generate a total of 5120EU per tick.
If we use scaffolds, a log would provide about 10667EU.
That means we need to produce a log every 2 ticks, or 10 logs per second.
The harvester harvests a block every 5 ticks, or 4 blocks per second (including harvesting leaves).

tl;dr the farm isn't fast enough.
However this can be fixed if I add more harvesters, which I plan to do later on.

5[UPDATE]Community Power-plant Empty Re: [UPDATE]Community Power-plant Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:17 pm

izrussian

izrussian
Tree Puncher

[UPDATE]Community Power-plant 099a0c75f1c8f0500bb632285c6359a24d7cef5595f14cdee883b68e68ef3e57

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum