Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to recount and add to our amazing Server's Legend

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hexus_One: Tree Spirit!

3 posters

Why type of tree should Hexus_One use in the Tree Spirit Challenge?

Hexus_One: Tree Spirit! Vote_lcap100%Hexus_One: Tree Spirit! Vote_rcap 100% [ 3 ]
Hexus_One: Tree Spirit! Vote_lcap0%Hexus_One: Tree Spirit! Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Hexus_One: Tree Spirit! Vote_lcap0%Hexus_One: Tree Spirit! Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hexus_One: Tree Spirit! Empty Hexus_One: Tree Spirit! Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:54 pm

Hexus_One

Hexus_One
Server Moderator
Server Moderator

When Jonnoiscooler resets our server for 1.8, I will begin the Tree Spirit Challenge!
It is simply a challenge for fun, and having log veins around the map would look pretty cool.

Brief overview of the Tree Spirit Challenge:

1: Begin the challenge in a new world, using any seed you like. Alternatively if you want to play in your main world, drop everything you have in a chest and run far into the wilderness without picking up anything.

2: Pick a single tree of any type, in any area, and harvest all saplings and logs from it except the bottom Log, which will become your Heart-log. (If you're extremely unlucky and the tree drops no saplings at all, just punch leaves on other nearby trees until you get one, or simply dump your logs and pick a new tree.) When you have done this, jump onto the Heart-log to begin the challenge proper! From now on;

3: You cannot move away from your tree. You cannot dig or mine blocks or items unless you are standing on, or directly next to either a log or leaves directly connected to your Heart-log through other logs. Pretend that you at all times need to be able to reach out an arm and touch a log or a leaf belonging to your tree, whether the log is above, under, or beside you. This includes killing animals too, you can't run off your tree to go hunting! You can however leave the log a few seconds to pick up the fallen blocks, but only to collect the items, not to mine or travel further away. And since it's a common question: Jumping is allowed!

4: You can chop other trees down, but you cannot use wood from a tree that is not the offspring of the first saplings you harvested. If you must chop down other trees, throw it's logs and saplings away, or turn the logs into planks, sticks or charcoal, or any other otherwise "dead" material. A tree cannot grow by absorbing other trees after all. It can only conquer them!

5: You can use and build with any other "dead" materials for decorations etc, like fences, wool, cobblestone, iron tools, etc as long as you have obtained it according to the rules above. Remember though, you're growing a tree, not building a castle. How would a tree create a wall, for example? Try to think of something creative and different!

6: Play at least on Easy or Normal difficulty. Peaceful not only removes a large aspect of the challenge, but it also removes your only source of an important resource: Bone Meal!

7: Replacing the Heart-log with a more distinguishable block for aesthetic reasons is fine - as long as you replace it with a fragile block like wool, glass, or the most popular Glowstone. Don't replace it with indestructible's like Obsidian, however. You want to keep it as a fragile, easily destroyed block to retain the feeling of needing to protect it from the elements. It is after all your heart!

Also, I would like to be able to KOS anyone I see near me holding a lava bucket or flint & steel.
That is all.
Hexus_One

UPDATE:
AAMV3's re-post of this topic:
Here you can see how things are going with the challenge.. I will post pictures DAILY here for you to see =3.

Hexus_One: Tree Spirit! SHHLc

Hexus_One: Tree Spirit! F5dje

Last edited by Jonnoiscooler on Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:49 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Added AAMV3's post.)

2Hexus_One: Tree Spirit! Empty Re: Hexus_One: Tree Spirit! Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:54 pm

AnArmedManV3.5

AnArmedManV3.5
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

World change..... Ah ha ha ha ha phail

http://minecraftjonnosserver.forumotion.com

3Hexus_One: Tree Spirit! Empty Re: Hexus_One: Tree Spirit! Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:49 pm

Jonnoiscooler

Jonnoiscooler
Server Founder
Server Founder

I think oak would be best because it can be branched and looks good when it's actually branched and twisted. Where as the other wood types aren't naturally branched and look silly when you give them an irregular shape

4Hexus_One: Tree Spirit! Empty Re: Hexus_One: Tree Spirit! Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:27 pm

AnArmedManV3.5

AnArmedManV3.5
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

again?

5Hexus_One: Tree Spirit! Empty Re: Hexus_One: Tree Spirit! Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:46 pm

Jonnoiscooler

Jonnoiscooler
Server Founder
Server Founder

Anybody mind telling me how to make a poll? I cant find it.

6Hexus_One: Tree Spirit! Empty Re: Hexus_One: Tree Spirit! Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:50 pm

AnArmedManV3.5

AnArmedManV3.5
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

When you create a new Topic..

Near the end/bottom should be and advanced bar or something.. its a little overwhelming at first glance but when you get used to it.. it isnt bad...

7Hexus_One: Tree Spirit! Empty Re: Hexus_One: Tree Spirit! Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:50 pm

AnArmedManV3.5

AnArmedManV3.5
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

bump

8Hexus_One: Tree Spirit! Empty Re: Hexus_One: Tree Spirit! Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:49 pm

Jonnoiscooler

Jonnoiscooler
Server Founder
Server Founder

Thanks

9Hexus_One: Tree Spirit! Empty Re: Hexus_One: Tree Spirit! Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:58 pm

AnArmedManV3.5

AnArmedManV3.5
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

No probs.. Have you noticed your NEW ranks...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum